No. 10, from New Bedford, is a closed horsecar in its original condition. Built by the J.G. Brill Company of Philadelphia in 1880, it was preserved by the Union Street Railway after its replacement by trolleys on the Oxford line, and in more recent years was stored under a tarp in the Weld Street carhouse. In those years, it often made appearances on the street on special occasions, such as in 1922 when New Bedford celebrated its Golden Anniversary of street railway service. Since its acquisition by the museum in 1954, No. 10 has appeared in several parades in different cities.
Historic Cars: The National Collection at the Seashore Trolley Museum by Ben Minnich